In 2018 two key representatives of the secretary of Education of the Municipality of Monteria participated in our training courses. The final project of one of them was to establish a cooperation project with MASHAV through METC in order to improve the quality of education by working with teachers and headmasters.
This training course for teachers in Monteria, Colombia was the first step in the project they want to establish with Israel. During this week, 30 teachers of the educational system of Monteria, Colombia were exposed and train in the arena of Innovation in Education based on the Israeli experience. The main topics were the STEM approach, Innovative professional development techniques, Education towards Sustainable Development, the use of ICT in the classrooms. The seminar had a clear objective of empowering and developing leadership skills.
The training had very clear objectives:
• To share Israeli and world trends in the subject of innovation in education.
• To train and inspire the teachers with new pedagogical methodologies.
• To assist the educational quality team in the Municipality of Monteria to start an educational process by which the quality of the education get better.
• To meet part of the teachers and head masters of the city and get to know the educational system of the city (for future activities).
During the duration of the Course, three workshops stood out due to their characteristics and the feedback from the teachers and organizers:
1. Café Dilemma – This activity was held in a coffee shop in the city center. The teachers sat in groups and discussed about education.
2. Goose Chase – Using an on-line app the teachers were divided in groups and participated of this chase in a shopping mall.
3. Multidisciplinary learning (Hands-on Workshop) – Robotic educational activity in which the teachers build all kind of machines.
At the end 5 educational initiatives were developed and during 2019 they will be implemented in Monteria with the support of the Municipality. Apart of that, further steps are planned in order to enhance the educational system in Monteria Colombia.
- Date: Jan.16,2019 - Jan.26,2019
- Location: Monteria, Colombia