About the Course
The SDGs established by the UN significantly changed the perception of many processes of social development. This means that we all must participate in solving the educational, social, community and sustainable challenges faced by the inclusive objectives of the "Education 2030 for Sustainable Development" agenda.
To a large extent, inclusion in general and education for children with special needs in particular, become essential in today's transformations, especially in pedagogical paradigms and practices. The Educational System needs to identify the principles and practices that underpin an effective process that involves critical-theoretical, reflective and oriented collaborations.
The Covid 19 pandemic is a crisis for students with special needs and their schools, there is a growing need and expansion of activities in all areas that must also be planned so that this population can use or obtain equitable access by providing assistance tools. or other supports. In collaboration with the Division of Special Education, Ministry of Education, we will address the challenges that educators face in these times.
• Present the guidelines of the Division of Special Education to the participants; different theories, approaches and technologies, such as self-defense, sex education for people with special needs, etc.
• Present the different activities and programs that the different schools (inclusive and segregated) have for students with special needs.
• Provide tools for a fair and quality education.
• Provide tools and guidelines for curriculum development. This means using the National Curriculum and adapting it to the abilities and difficulties of each student.
• Advance teaching methods for specific subjects (science, language, etc.), as well as interdisciplinary subject areas, designed specifically for each student in the special education system
• Provide guidelines for establishing pedagogical resource centers, regionally and locally, for teacher training and support.
• Allow participants to choose the methods and tools appropriate to the particular needs of their environments.
• Provide a basis for future activities according to the needs of different realities.
• Presentation of the policies established by the Division of Special Education in the State of Israel.
• New perspectives on the concepts of "special education" and "person with special needs" (in contrast to "disabled person")
• Presentation of policies on early detection and placement of people with special needs in the appropriate institution for him / her, within the framework of the Division of Special Education
• Learn to design a curriculum based on good practices from a development perspective.
• Present methods and activities that enable the student with special needs to speak for himself (self-defense)
• Practices to motivate and train teachers to improve teaching skills:
1. Self-confidence, self-learning and self-evaluation
2. Teaching skills and tools to implement the adapted curriculum.
3. Establish contacts with other teachers and educators to raise awareness and expand ideas and opinions.
• Distance learning: an educational and therapeutic continuum in the virtual space for students with special needs.
• Allow creative thinking to be part of daily work, as an attitude and as a work tool.
• Association necessary in times of routine and emergency: parents, family and community.
Educators from around the world in the field of special education who are interested in acquiring skills to address the current educational challenges in their countries in the context of the Corona crisis.
We welcome directors of educational departments, educational supervisors, educational trainers and outstanding teachers.
The webinar will include 6 two-hour sessions with a variety of activities among them; Conferences, presentations through videos, discussions and discussions that allow them to experiment with the stages of development of educational initiatives in the field.
* The course will be accompanied by a Learning Management System where the tasks and material will be shared between the meetings.